I know it is so cliché, but I (like most other teens), love to sleep! Once I’m in my bed I simply can’t get up! Maybe because it is so comfortable, warm and relaxing. Or maybe because it as soon as I get up, the day begins. Either way, teenagers are the most vunerable of ages and we are in the most need of sleep. It is very hard to find time to sleep with all lf your hard work, and even if you do, sleeping isn’t such an easy rhing. For me, I can just lie down and fall asleep with no problem, but with others, they have a harder time to get a good nights sleep.
Here are some ways to get better sleep:
1) Turn off the electronics. Nothing says: “Something’s happening” like a buzzing cell phone. Turn off all the electronics at least 30 mins before you go to bed, just so your brain has time to rewind and isn’t obsessing over facebook, tumblr or skype.
2) Avoid coffee or tea. Coffee and tea makes you alert and makes it so much harder to sleep! If you’re thirsty, drink some juice or water.
3) Don’t have your alarm clock facing you. You need to avoid temptation to check what time it is and calculate how long you have left to sleep. If you realize that you have 5 hours left of sleep, you’re going to get stressed and deprive you of even more sleep!
4) Have comfortable pillows and sheets. It’s horrible to wake up with a sore neck from a hard pillow, instead, buy one that feels nice and right for you. Also, make sure all of your sheets and blankets are to your liking and that your matress isn’t too soft or hard.
5) Avoid naps. They may seem right at the time and you may feel refreshed when you wake up, but it destroys your sleeping habits and makes it so hard to sleep at night. Instead try to get your work done in order to get a full nights rest.
6) Take a hot shower or bath before going to bed. It’ll help you relax and rewind you so you’re ready to rest.
Don’t forget that all teens struggle with trying to find time with all of their things, but try not to avoid sleeping. It is very important and good sleep can make you happier, get you good grades and even help friendships!
Now I think i should get ready for bed since I am so tired! Good night.